domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008

My premises

In my first post, that was written in Chile, I share with you my idea of the states, now I'd like to say how far or close I was.

Landscape: I was right, everything is so neat. the state is kind of dry, but you can find lots of vegetation anyway.
University: I was right too. Texas A&M is wonderfully huge, modern buildings, the university staff is incredibly efficient and well organized.
People: in this topic I failed in two things. I 've stated that people maybe were just kind of gentle and rather distant. However once you get here, then I realized that people are is so gentle, that sometimes it is hard to believe. They are not distant, all the contrary, people here is very closed to each other, like in Chile. Very helful and nice. "LIVIANITOS DE SANGRE"
Language: I was far. I haven't heard anybody with that expected southern accent. Most of the population is bilingual, isn't it great? It has been more less difficult to grasp students coloquial chatting. In classes I can understand every single word. COOL!
Food: close. I have luch in the University, and the food is as good as it maybe. There's enough fruit an salad, and of course fatty food as well. What I've enjoyed best it's not pizza, but American pancakes.
Climate: right. HOT, hot and hot. An average of 40 degrees every day. here in Laredo does CAEN LOS PATOS ASADOS.
Shops: close. Not that expensive. There's everything to different budgets. and stores are really well-stocked.
Night life: Dont't know yet. I haven't gone out to any club yet. I'll have to find it out.

2 comentarios:

Gonzalo A. Luengo O. dijo...

Thanks for sharing all your experiences with others! PLEASE UPLOAD PICS!!!!!

mildreth dijo...

I´m so happy for you
congratulations again!!
the only thing that you have to do is ENJOY every second in texas. Take some pictures. I´d like to see you. Enjoy the food, places, people, meet handsome men jajajajaj and of course learn everything.
I love you
and please don´t forget me.
hugs
pd: sorry for my bad english :)